Date of Last Revision: June 5, 2020
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you interact with our Site, we collect information that, alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”)
1. Personal Data You Provide Us
A. Account Information
Some information is required to create an account on our Services, such as your name, email address, password, location. You may also choose to provide other types of information to make public on the Services, such as a profile photo, biography, country information, your website, and community username.
B. Posts, Following, Lists and other Public Information
The Services are primarily designed to help you share information with the world. Most of the information you provide us through the Services is information you are asking us to make public.
Your public information includes the (i) messages you post; the metadata provided with such posts, such as when you posted and the application you used to post; (ii) language, country, and time zone associated with your account; and (iii) lists you create, people you follow, posts you mark as likes, and many other bits of information that result from your use of the Services. Our default is almost always to make the information you provide through the Services public for as long as you do not delete it.
The Services broadly and instantly disseminate your public information to a wide range of users, customers, and services. For instance, your public user profile information and public posts are immediately delivered via RSS feeds and our APIs to our partners and other third parties, including search engines, developers, and publishers that integrate the Services content into their services, and institutions such as universities and public health agencies that analyze the information for trends and insights. When you share information or content via the Services, you should think carefully about what you are making public.
D. Location Information
We may receive information about your location. For example, you may choose to publish your location in your posts and in your PPLLC profile and when you set your trend location on the Services. We may also determine location by using other data from your device, such as precise location information from GPS, information about wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device, or your IP address.
E. Additional Information
If you email us, we may keep your message, email address and contact information to respond to your request. If you connect your account on our Services to your account on another service in order to cross-post between our Services and that service, the other service may send us your registration or profile information on that service and other information that you authorize. This information enables cross-posting, helps us improve the Services, and is deleted from our Services within a few weeks of your disconnecting your account on the other service from the Services account.
We also collect information you choose to provide to us when you complete any “free text” boxes in our forms (for example, support request or survey submission).
2. Information We Receive From Your Use of Our Services
When you use the Services, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
Log data: Information (“log data”) that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site when you use it. Log data includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Site), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Services.
Device information: Includes type of device you are using, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers, network information and other device-specific information. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the other Users you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
To authenticate Users and provide the Service. This processing is necessary to perform the contract with you.
As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
· To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests for products and services;
· To customize our Services for you, including providing recommendations, personalized advertising and content (please read below to learn how we use Personal Data for targeted advertisement). For example, we use information on your use of Services features, including information that we obtain through cookies, to better understand your needs and interests in order to personalize your experience with our Services by presenting products and offers tailored to your interests. We use your public information and your location information (described above) to infer what topics you may be interested in, and to customize the content we show you, including ads, with more relevant content like local trends, stories, ads, and suggestions for people to follow;
· To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Site, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
· To conduct research, and provide reporting to third parties;
· If you ask us to delete your data and we are required to fulfil your request, to keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing;
· To prevent fraud or criminal activity, misuses of our products or services, and ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks;
For individuals in the EU, please see the “European Union (EU) Users” section below for information on what we mean by legitimate interests and your rights.
Marketing. We may contact you to tell you about services or products we believe will be of interest to you. If we do, where required by law, for example if you are a User in the European Union (“EU”), we will only send you marketing information if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your Personal Data. You may opt-out of receiving such emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you or by updating your user settings. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, please contact us at XXXXXXXXXX. We will continue to contact you via email regarding the provision of our Services and to respond to your requests.
Targeted Advertisement. PPLLC may display targeted advertisements based on Personal Data. Third parties (including ad serving companies) may assume that Users who interact with, view, or click targeted advertisements meet the targeting criteria (e.g., men ages 18–24 from a particular geographic area). PPLLC does not provide any Personal Data to the advertiser when a User interacts with or views a targeted advertisement. However, please be aware that by interacting with or viewing an advertisement the third party may make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the advertisement.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share or disclose your information at your direction, such as when you authorize a third-party service to access your account or when you voluntarily share information or content via the Services. Other Users may share or disclose information about you, such as when they mention you.
There are certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
· Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions: providers of hosting, email communication and customer support services, analytics, marketing, advertising (for more details on the third parties that place cookies through the Site, please see the “Cookies” section below). Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us.
· Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
· Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Users of the Site, or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences until you opt out of receiving these communications and in accordance with our policies.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer Personal Data.
UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
If you need to change or correct your Personal Data, or wish to have it deleted from our systems, you may contact us. Please send all requests for data deletion to email@example.com We will address your request as required by applicable law. You may also update your Personal Data from your user settings.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY DISCLOSURE
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into their account and editing their profile.
For further information on our compliance with the California Privacy Act of 2018 please visit www.thirdsexxx.com/californiaprivacy
PUBLICLY POSTED INFORMATION
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Some cookies expire after a certain amount of time, or upon logging out (session cookies), others remain on your computer or terminal device for a longer period (persistent cookies). Our Site uses first party cookies (cookies set directly by PPLLC) as well as third party cookies, as described below. For more details on cookies please visit All About Cookies.
Type of Cookies Used. The Site uses the following technologies:
NAME...............................VALUE......................................DOMAIN..................PATH...EXPIRES / MA...SIZE........HTTP ONLY.....SECURE...SAMESITE......PRIORITY
Numheader..........................1...........................................thirdsexxxx.... ......... / .........2020-06-06T.. 10 .........................................................................Medium
ex_referrer.............https%3A%2Fthirdsexxxx.com%2F.....thirdsexxxx.... ........ / ..........Session........... 43 ........................................................................Medium
warn.................................. true .......................................thirdsexxxx.... ....... / ...........2020-06-27T.. 8 ..........................................................................Medium
PHPSESSID...........h40m5sa0mnivaj63c66ds443vq3......thrdsexxxx.... ........ / ............Session ......... 35 ........................................................................Medium
cross-site-cookie..............name......................................thirdsexxxx.... ..../members ..Session....... 21 ................................... YES ................................Medium
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: Used to provide Users with the Services available through our Site and to use some of their features, such as the ability to log-in and access to secure areas. These cookies are served by PPLLC and are essential for using and navigating the Site. Without these cookies, basic functions of our Site would not work. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Site and the Services, you cannot refuse them.
- Analytics/Performance: Used to better understand the behavior of the Users on our Site and improve our Site accordingly, for example by making sure Users are finding what they need easily. The Site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). The information collected by Google (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States (Google is certified to the Privacy Shield for data transfers). How long a Google Analytics cookie remains on your computer or device depends on what it is and what it is used for. Some Google Analytics cookies expire at the end of your browser session, whilst others can remain for up to two years. You can prevent your data from being collected by Google Analytics on our Site by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser. For more information on Google Analytics privacy practices, read here.
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND APPLICATIONS
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
You use Services at your own risk. PPLLC takes steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to PPLLC via the internet. We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you may choose to share information. Therefore, we cannot, and do not, guarantee that information or content posted by a User on or through the Services will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services or Social Media Services.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
EUROPEAN AND INTERNATIONAL USERS
PPC is based in the United States. If you are accessing our Services from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that your Personal Data will be transmitted to our servers in the United States and the data may be transmitted to our service providers supporting our business operations (described above). The United States may have data protection laws less stringent than or otherwise different from the laws in effect in the country in which you are located. Where we transfer your Personal Data out of the EU we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Data receives an adequate level of protection where it is processed, and your rights continue to be protected.
You may contact us as follows: You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Information We Collect
Our website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information“). In particular, our website has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
CATEGORY, EXAMPLES, COLLECTED.
A. Identifiers. A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address,
email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or similar
B. personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statue (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)). A name, signature , Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, drivers license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories. YES
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or
childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information). NO
D. Commercial information. Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing consuming histories or tendencies. NO
E. Biometric information. Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template
or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data. NO
F. Internet or other similar network activity. Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, advertisement. NO
G. Geolocation data. Physical location or movements. NO
H. Sensory data. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar Information. NO
I. Professional or employment-related information. Current or past job history or performance evaluations. NO
J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g,34 C.F.R. Part 99)). Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class list, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial Information, or student disciplinary records. NO
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information. Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. NO
2. Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
a. To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
b. To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
c. To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
d. To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
e. As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
f. To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our or our affiliates’ assets in which personal information held by us or our affiliates about our website users is among the assets transferred.
g. We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collect for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
3. Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
• Service providers.
• Data Aggregators.
4. Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
• The categories of personal information we’ve collected about you.
• The categories of sources for the personal information we’ve collected about you.
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
• The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
• The specific pieces of personal information we’ve collected about you (also called a data portability request).
If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
• sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and;
• disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
• Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
• Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
• Comply with a legal obligation.
• Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
• Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
Emailing us at email@example.com
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
• You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
• Provide enough information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we’ve collected personal information or an authorized representative.
• Describe your request with enough detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales
We will not sell your personal information to any party. If in the future, we anticipate selling your personal information to any party, we will provide you with the opt-out and opt-in rights required by the CCPA.
• We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
• Deny you goods or services.
• Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
• Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
• Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
6. Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on our website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
8. Contact Information